Home » » Gas explosion

Gas explosion

Gas explosion kills one at Nungua Zongo

Source: Graphic Online

Gas Wounded Nungua 

One person reportedly died while five others sustained various injuries during a gas explosion which occurred at Nungua Zongo in Accra, last Wednesday.

The incident is believed to have been caused by a faulty cylinder that was used in the house of the affected family.

The victims are currently receiving treatment at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital while the body of the deceased has been deposited at the morgue.

Narrating what led to the accident, a family member said there was a problem with the stove, so they had challenges using it.

As a result, she said a resident, regarded as the mother of the family, whose name was not given, called a neighbour for assistance.

Unfortunately, she said while the person was fixing the problem, the gas exploded and affected those who were near the place of the incidence.

Briefing the Daily Graphic, a Senior Resident Medical Officer at the Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and Burns Unit of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Dr Elliot Boham, said the victims sustained extensive burns which ranged from 25 to 75 per cent damage to the skin. He, however, added that, they were responding to treatment.

Explaining the treatment to be given to the victims, Dr Boham said they would need initial resuscitation which would cost each person between Ghc700 and Ghc1000.

He explained that dressing the wounds was expensive, and needed to be done every day. However, the family was constrained financially to handle that.

As a result, the unit would do its best to dress their wound every three days.
Share this article :

Featured Video

Category 3

Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. HOT ISSUES - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger